Budget 2.0

Once you have completed the above steps you can than start thinking about the cost of the production.

Cost

Depending on what your aim is and what your are trying to achieve will effect your cost. I would need to consider whether I will be taking the Waterfall development route, the agile strategy or making my app alone. Depending on which one I chose the cost will vary as making an app can be expensive, certain media companies charge thousands to independent companies charing a couple of hundreds.

Before I make an decision I researched the advantages and disadvantages of each choice. The waterfall development is simply a detail plan of each process and its cost, this is ultimately going to have a the positive effect of being able to refer back to the paper work to find the  project timeline and if you wanted to alter or change something you have paper references.  However the disadvantage of the waterfall development is that it extends the timeline.

Moreover, the Agile strategy is the complete polar opposite. It is less planning and more production focused, the developers are able to start straight away. The advantage of this that the production moves faster making, but can lead to the cost piling up. On the flip side of having the ability to start production straight away the project lacks structure. However statistic’s show it is 3 times more successful than the waterfall development strategy .

Using the website http://howmuchtomakeanapp.com/ I was able to estimate the rough cost of hiring a freelance developer. My app estimate cost would $43,900 if they were to do everything and have all my desired functions. However this price is out of my price range so I went back to see if I find ways of save some money causing my cost to decrease. I did end up decreasing the cost by $14,900 giving me the total of $29,400.

Even though the cost decreased to $29,400, this was still high for me to afford. So i did some research on the process called ” market payout”. I found that each cloud service charge and do things differently. Google Play has the best offer as you can earn income after the first month after the launch, Whereby Android hold your money for a certain amount of time. Market payout comes with the disadvantage of only being able to earn money that succeeds their threshold, meaning your will only earn money if you reach the minimum required sells set by the cloud service provider.

Initial estimate

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 21.56.10

Cost saving estimate 

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 22.05.44