The Name Of The App

” Your company name plays a monumental role in a brand’s growth and perception, meaning it can completely make or break a company.”   (Adam Fridman)

After reading many articles about the importance of branding and how the wrong branding can break your company or business idea.
As i struggled with the name of my app i devised a checklist which was the core underlaying tone is several articles. The name of the App is essentially the first form of contact for the customer. Relationships between businesses and consumers are based on their first impressions, meaning that the name must convey the RIGHT message.
 Secondly I had to ask myself does the name of my brand sum up everything about my brand. Costumers interact with the brands name, so picking a name that has some external value attached to it.
Lastly is the name unique? It really hard to find a unique and catchy name but this is why research is mandatory! The name of the brand is somewhat the identify of the company, so getting the right name to match these 3 criteria was a bit of a challenge but it
gave me a guideline to work through.
Here is the list of names I came up with:
TransFun- I wanted to combine the world translate and fun together, but when i did my market research many thought the name implied a dating app for the Transgender community.
FunsLate – This name didn’t sound right when spoken and didn’t make any sense.
Translate2Learn – It sounded very corporative and lack the catchy element.
tLearning – This name was inspired by “eLearning”. The T stands for translate.
Fun2Learn – This is was final name that i decided to go with as the other names favoured the translating option that is available on the app but it did not sum up the whole brand. Fun2Learn is catchy name and holds some values attached to the words that the customer can relate to. The name also convoys the right message of making learning FUN !!

Next Steps
My next step is to make a vector logo using Photoshop and Adobe illustrator. Once completed to get feedback from getting my intended audience to see what they liked and didn’t like.

Sites Used: